TSPE4500 – SPF 2014 R1 Basic Authoring and Administration
What will the course cover?
This introductory administration course for SmartPlant Foundation (SPF) is the introduction of Process, Power, and Marine processes introducing an administrator to the concepts and functionality available in the SPF product. The class includes a two day tour of the Desktop Client, product version 2014R1 (05.01.00.0018), including basic end user functionality, such as creating new objects, searching and navigation, concurrent engineering and other object manipulations. The remaining three days of the class covers the basics of System Administration, including the security model, configuring file storage (vaults), Workflows, Transmittals, and Site Creation setup and configuration.
What are the major topics covered? [Table of Contents]
- Overview of the Desktop Client
- Create document, Attach electronic files
- File Viewing and Mark-Up
- Document Management
- Find, Query and FTR search
- Navigation, Hot Spotting using SmartPlant Markup
- Create Ad Hoc reports and Saved Queries
- Workflow and Transmittal processes
- Security Model
- Plants and Projects as related to Concurrent Engineering
- Hosts and Vaults
- Printer configuration for Batch printing
- SmartPlant license management
- Web Portal web pages
- Progress model for time sensitive documents
- SmartPlant Foundation Installation and Configuration
- Creating a Plant Breakdown Structure (PBS)
Who should attend?
For those performing an SPF setup and configuration.
What are the prerequisites for attending this course?
Class attendees should be familiar with Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit or Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit and have knowledge of database administration (i.e., Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server).
How long is the course?
This is a 5 day course held at Hexagon Capability Center India, Hyderabad